Monday 3 June 2013

Sewing on the Go

We've just spent a few days away with friends at a Festival.
Although lovely in part it's also hard work with kids - especially the camping bit!

The weather was fab - look at those blue skies!
And I even found time to squeeze in a little bit of sewing, with a simple starflower English Paper Piecing (EPP) project.
This is in preparation for this months Make Do and Mend session in Exeter (details here), which is EPP hexagons this month, but as I've done those before I thought I'd try something new!
I learnt the hexagons back in March at the Sewing Directory meet up with Kerry Green - great fun and there's another day coming up in September. EPP is a really simple process and much quicker than I thought, but I think a full sized quilt is a bit beyond me yet!



2 comments:

  1. Looking great, love those fabrics, I think a hand pieced quilt is a long term project (and probably not for me!)

    ReplyDelete